CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Good Days

It is when you are at your lowest that God sometimes sweeps in and blesses you with a good day. I love those little surprises.

Today I was preaching on how God came to us in Christ's birth, and how he continues to still come today. As we enter this new year, we can look forward, we can look ahead with anticipation, knowing that God promises to be with us each step of the way.

I was blessed this morning to awaken to a day where I felt God's presence in my life. I felt God come down and touch me, heal me, with a day where the pain was not overwhelming. I was able to enjoy myself as I led worship. I didn't lose my words like I have so many other Sundays recently due to the fog overtaking me, a dizzy spell, or the pain being too much. I was able to have clear conversations and follow what others were saying throughout the Sunday morning, during the visitation I did after services, and this evening as I had guests at my home.

Today, I felt somewhat normal. While the pain is still present, while I know I am not healed by any stretch of the imagination, it was indeed a good day. It was one where I was able to get everything done that needed to be done, and there was even time to have some fun. And for this, I can be thankful. It is days such as this I praise God and will hold onto when the not so good days arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment