CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 2, 2010

How Many More Days??

Ooooh, the pain is bad bad bad tonight! After worship services and then taking one of my youth out to Slinky Action Zone and dinner, I can barely take it. Even with pain meds, i've got the good 'ole throbbing and intense aches going on. I cannot WAIT for this to be over!

Earlier this week, my PT got me worried and a bit neurotic again. He said he thinks i'm putting a lot of stock into the surgery. I asked him if he didn't think this was going to work. He replied that he doesn't really know, but he does think that going in and messing with things doesn't usually help. I think he was just having an off day, because really, surgery does help many, many people. Like all the knees he sees in his practice; without joint replacement and such, those people wouldn't be able to walk like they do. I did get concerned though, because as we all know, there are so many forums out there that are radically against TMJ surgery. You read those horror stories and worry it will become you.

I believe i'm making the right decision for the most part, but there is still that side of me that worries. I don't want to damage myself anymore than I am. I also know however, that to live like this the rest of my life would not bring about a quality life. I will be turning 30 in July and to think i'll be in pain like this forever is a terrible, awful thought. I cannot spend my life on muscle relaxants, pain killers, nerve pain meds, etc. I need the chance to live joyfully. To be in this much pain after playing laser tag and going out to eat is ridiculous. I barely made it out the door let along through the four hours I spent with my youth. That is no way to live.

On a side note, my sister is no longer able to come out to help with surgery. However, a wonderful former classmate of mine from seminary is able to help. She has faced many health concerns herself, so will be a great person to be with throughout recovery. I'm so thankful for the many awesome people in my life who give so selflessly.

4 comments:

  1. I think it's very natural to still worry. However, if you have prayed and feel it is the right step it will be to your advantage! So hope the pain isn't too intense for the rest of the days before the surgery. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not been to your site for so long. My husband got terrily ill in September and in progressively got worse and he was back in the hospital in Dec. and home on Hospice care in Jan. and he just passed 4/3/10. I am glad to hear you have your surgery scheduled now and I just pray it will work. I will keep you in my forefront thoughts daily. Sue Clark, clarkfamily89@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my prayers are with you! Take the giant step and with God on your side I'm sure this will be the right thing to do! I will be flooding Heaven with prayers for your wonderful recovery!
    ~Becki Solberg
    Mitchell, SD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are having a great day and today the pain is more bearable. I know you are counting down days and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Please keep us posted. God bless you on this journey.

    ReplyDelete