CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 9, 2010

Still Waiting

Hey everyone,

Nothing really new to report. On the good side of things, my insurance pre-authorized the surgery a good week and a half earlier than expected! The bad news...still waiting to hear when the surgery will be. It is agonizing to wait on so many levels. I need the date to buy a plane ticket for my Aunt (coming in to help from Seattle), need to know so I can plan on my work, and of course, i'm in so much pain. I hate waiting.

The pain just continues to get worse. It is radiating down my neck and into my back. I try to stretch it to help loosen the muscles and nerves but doing so hurts sooo much. My physical therapist is using traction in conjunction with all the other therapies and it does help some. The problem is i'm having a harder time making it to PT, as the pain is too much and I have trouble getting out of the house. I can't drive on the pain meds and I really hurt too much to find the motivation to get another driver. It's a catch 22 as I know PT will help but so many times I hurt. This week I had to miss twice for this reason. Thankfully I still made it in 2 out of my 3 sessions, I just had to move one.

So, that is where I am at; the waiting game. I think once I know the date i'll be able to find some of the motivation to prepare everything. I've already started stocking the fridge with no-chew foods, which is good. I just need to get this place cleaned up and prepare all the stuff for when i'm out. I plan to take two weeks off so there is quite a bit to get done. The surgery looks like it may be either April 22nd or 29th, hopefully no later. As soon as I know i'll update the blog.

Thank you again for all your prayers. Sorry there isn't much else to report!

No comments:

Post a Comment